Monday, April 02, 2007

Nominated for two, won one

Yes, I won an award in this year’s South African Blog Awards! A new category, nogal (*). I’m the first winner of the GLBT category, one of three new categories introduced in this year’s awards.

It feels good to be a winner but it would have felt better had I done better in ‘Best Overseas South African Blog’, a category I won last year. Oh well, win some, lose some.

Congratulations to all the other winners.

(*) An Afrikaans word used in South African English slang as an exclamation - even!

10 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

I think you should try collecting the set!

Many congratulations. My little boy is all grown up!

4:23 pm  
Blogger JP said...

Woohoo...well done.

4:27 pm  
Blogger Caroline said...

Glad you've got some more shiny trinkets even if they are just virtual ones!

Word veri is gzuml

That's an old-fashioned liquid medicine administered to those whose heads are getting too big for their blogs :-)))

4:35 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Thank you all of you.

9:00 pm  
Blogger Luiz said...

Bloody hell! I'm looking for an e-mail address / contact details with no success. Am I blind? Anyways, will Mr Reluctant Blogger please contact me asap re these awards on info@mambaonline.com? And congratulations! Thanks. Luiz - Mambaonline.com

11:33 am  
Blogger CTG said...

Well done!

12:45 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Luiz: You’re not blind, there isn’t an email address anywhere here on the blog. I’ll have to do something about that sometime. I’ve just emailed you so you’ll be able to contact me properly now.

CTG: Thank you.

12:53 pm  
Blogger GrantD said...

Thanks for the comment. Much appreciated.

Congrats! You did deserve to win.

;-)

2:20 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

grantd: It's a pleasure and thanks.

7:16 pm  
Anonymous Cherryflava said...

Congrats on your win.

Debut winner of the new category - nice one.

Your vuvuzela trophy is in safe keeping - can try see what it'll take to perhaps get it through to you.

2:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home