Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My own special SoulCollage

soulcollage
The lovely, talented Caroline has made me my own special SoulCollage. She's not sure what it means but was thinking about my nomadic state when she made it. I don't know what it means either but my immediate interpretation hinged (unintentional!!) around the half-open door.

It's not fully open as my wanderings are not always enthusiastically embraced, reluctant if you will. You could also say that the jetfighter in South African colours says much the same as it is flying past the mountains instead of towards them. The panels in the closed door are windows to places that differ from the one that the other door opens to. The seascape is one I know. The northern mountainous region is one I don't. Not yet, that is.

Attributions for the photos Caroline remixed:
Thanks, Caroline.

6 Comments:

Blogger J. David Zacko-Smith said...

THAT is VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERy, VERY cool! I love it!

9:34 pm  
Blogger Caroline said...

Glad you liked it!

Your interpretation sounds good too.

9:01 am  
Blogger Jay said...

My image is used here , the "wilderness" picture and I love what Caroline has done to create her work.

Jaysk

3:51 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

J. David Zacko-Smith: I love it too – she’s a talented lass, that Caroline.

Caroline: Of course I liked it!

Jay: It’s a great image and works so well in what Caroline has done.

4:00 pm  
Blogger Guyana-Gyal said...

Ohhhh, that is just so 'nomad' and also 'reluctant' with the half open door, and the glimpses of something wonderful through the windows, from the inside. It is wonderful!!!

4:21 pm  
Blogger Caroline said...

Hi Mr Nomad - are you still alive?

Someone just commented on one of the flickr images I'd used so bringing it up from the depths.

It was the Lake Moraine Banff photo.

What's odd is that yesterday I used someone else's photo on my blog for the first time since my SoulCollage phase last year.

I hope you are just feeling like not blogging...

Word veri says you are currently feeling/being: tudpd

How rude!

9:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home