Sunday, March 04, 2007

Three Things

I've been tagged by the mad, wonderful Babs to reveal three things about me in a variety of categories. So, here you have them:

3 Things That Scare Me:
My habit for living in the present (and in the past) but never looking to the future
The taxman
Disappointing my children

3 People Who Make Me Laugh:
My kids (I don’t mean to copy Babs, it’s true)
Myself ( in a kinda pitying way)
Victoria Wood

3 Things I Love:
The smell of the sea and the smell after it has rained after a really hot day
Buying people presents
Sex (sorry to be predictable)

3 Things I Hate:

Having to work for a living
Bigotry and intolerance
Doing things I don’t like to do

3 Things I Don't Understand:
Violence
Fanaticism
Fetishes

3 Things On My Desk:
Red wine
Cigarettes
Headache pills

3 Things I'm Doing Right Now:

Making green masala paste
Listening to music
Drinking red wine

3 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:

Write a novel
Meet my half-sister (my father allegedly had an illegitimate child before meeting my mother)
Be at peace with myself

3 Things I Can Do:
Put my legs around my neck
Put my head in the sand (figuratively)
Lie convincingly

3 Things I Can't Do:
Spend time in the company of bigots
Network (horrid buzzword, but you know what I mean)
Be responsible about things financial

3 Things I Think You Should Listen To:
Adagio for strings in G Minor by Albinoni
All along the Watchtower (Bob Dylan's song) by Jimi Hendrix
The things said about you by those closest to you

3 Things You Should Never Listen To:
The things said about you by those closest to you
Politicians who profess to speak for the ‘man in the street’
Religious fanatics

3 Things I'd Like To Learn:
To speak Xhosa
How to laugh
How to worry about the future

3 Favorite Foods:
Piri piri chicken
Roast lamb (all sorts of ways, but especially the way the Greeks do it)
Braai-ed (barbequed) yellowtail

3 Beverages I Drink Regularly:
Coffee (especially cappuccino and espress)
Red wine (is it a beverage?)
Beer (is it a beverage?)

3 Shows I Watched As A Kid:
I was 17 before I watched TV (no, I’m not THAT old!), but here are some shows I’d like to have seen:
Courage the Cowardly Dog (didn’t exist when I was a child)
The Addams Family
The Avengers

3 Bloggers I've Tagged:
Minge
Anjou
To The Bowlines

10 Comments:

Blogger ~Babsbitchin~ said...

Oh, this is so interesting, I feel like a Spanner, peeking in your window. I love it. I am also not one to look at the future. I live day to day or in yesteryear, sometimes but rarely the future. Thank you for doing it!
Kisses

3:13 am  
Blogger Ariel said...

I can put my legs around my neck too! Never met a bloke you could though. Makes you very, very special Alan and the rest makes for fascinating reading too.

2:24 pm  
Blogger Caroline said...

Very interesting - I especially like the listen / don't listen one.

6:02 pm  
Anonymous chitty said...

Beer and red wine had better be beverages or we are in big trouble!
"Put my legs around my neck" - thinking of joining the circus, are you? ;)

7:03 am  
Blogger DougZAR said...

I'll post my response shortly, once I'm back into the swing of things. Business travel can be so disruptive to one's schedule.

7:16 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Babsbitchin: For you anything! It was quite fun to do even though hard in parts.

Ariel: If we ever meet we can shake hands with our legs behind our necks.

Caroline: I think those closest to you know you best yet often have blind spots about what makes you tick.

chitty: I joined a circus decades ago! :-)

DougZAR: There’s no rush. Take your time.

9:31 am  
Blogger Edvard Moonke said...

I second the piri piri chicken - always have a bottle of the extra-hot piri piri sauce in the fridge!

oh and being able to put your legs around your neck must be very a useful skill, possibly allowing the need to forego a sexual partner altogether?

P.S. I have now linked you on my site, hope that's ok?

11:09 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

edvard: I'll have to give you my piri piri chicken recipe sometime. Actually, it can be found here.

While you're right about the skill giving me the ability to forgo a sexual partner, I can assure you that it's MUCH nicer having a partner pleasure you in that way. Think of back-scratching, if you will. It's much nicer if someone else scratches your back than if you do it yourself. :-)

Thank you for adding me to your site.

7:09 pm  
Blogger Minge said...

I've done it. My answers are dull compared with you answers, though.

8:04 am  
Blogger Uroskin said...

Networking is so much easier if you all have lots of red wine, in my experience. It also makes for a more pleasant experience.

2:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home