Tuesday, March 06, 2007

SA Blog Awards 2007

SA blog awards 2007Although I've been aware that nominations were taking place, unlike last year when still very much a blogger newbie, I've not paid much attention to this year's South African Blog Awards. That was until today when I noticed that my reader stats were swelling with hits from this year's awards site. To my surprise (and delight), I've been nominated in two categories, 'Best overseas South African blog', a category I won last year, and a new one, 'Best GLBT blog'.

I confess to not having nominated anyone (not even myself) so it's with cap in hand that I thank all of you who nominated me. Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Now that I'm in the running for two awards, I urge all of you who nominated me and the rest of you to vote for me. And, of course, vote for the others who are nominated in other categories.

To vote, click on the logo or go here.

Several of my favourite blogs have also been been nominated so I'll not only be voting for myself.

11 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Congratulations on your nomination!

7:13 pm  
Anonymous kyknoord said...

Here's to 2 in a row - for you, I mean. I don't think I could stand "runner-up" twice.

6:42 am  
Anonymous Tom Cat said...

I ALSO GOT NOMINATED!! :)

Well done RD! You blog is truly a fantastic blog!

6:52 am  
Blogger DougZAR said...

You've got my vote in two categories. Now I expect you to nominate me next year!

12:16 pm  
Blogger Ariel said...

Ooh, tis the day for bloggy greatness! Congratulations and may you soon be clutching a gold star, or whatever it is that you get for being a blooging superhero in SA.

7:55 pm  
Anonymous frog with a blog said...

I nominated you and my naughty buddie 'Baguette on my table' a few weeks ago already. I guess I'll have to make a decision now... hm, if you send me naked pics of you then I might consider voting for you. (I tried that with Rhino but it didn't work so I'm counting on you)

10:09 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Caroline: Thank you, m’am.
kyknoord: I’m certain you won’t be runner up this year!

Tom Cat: Thanks, Tom. Good luck!

DougZAR: Of course, goes without saying!

Ariel: A gold star would be good. By the way, the prize for best blog of the lot (a category I’ve not been nominated for) is Twenty rand and 7 cents (R20.07). That’s about £1.50. It’s the thought wot counts, you see. :-)

frog with a blog: I’ve not read him before. He’s naughty, you say? I shall have to go have a peek sometime. I have lots of naked pics of me. Which ones do you want? Me as the well-hung twink or the one where my muscles bulge and glisten?

11:00 pm  
Anonymous chitty said...

Congrats on the nominations. You thoroughly deserve them.

7:05 am  
Blogger herschelian said...

One good carrot cake recipe deserves a vote!

10:44 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

chitty and herschelian: thanks to both of you.

12:06 pm  
Blogger CTG said...

congrats on the nominations. You got my vote!

11:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home