Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Page 158

page 158My copies of 'Shaggy Blog Stories' arrived today!

Actually, they arrived yesterday but the package was too large to fit through the door so they had to be picked up from the post office today. My son picked them up for me while I was at work today.

Opening the parcel was such fun! Paging through the book was even more fun. Finding my own contribution was like finding a favourite jumper that had got lost at the back of the cupboard. I immediately looked for the 'truly awful howler' of a typo that Mike mentioned as having crept into my entry:

Where the text says "Three hundred and (*)", you need to add an R, thusly:

"Three hundred Rand (*)"

That was our one truly awful howler. The rest, I can live with.


It wasn't there! Nor were any of the other typos Mike and others picked up. Seems like I don't have a rare first edition with its valuable typos.

my copiesmy entry

As of yesterday at 17:30, 430 copies of 'Shaggy Blog Stories' had been sold, making a £1910.06 contribution to Comic Relief. That's a great contribution but an amount of £2000 would look so much better.

GO BUY A COPY!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Ja ok ok quit nagging ;-)

Congrats on being a published writer, Nomad!

1:27 pm  
Blogger Caroline said...

Good to see you are in print!

I've got something to email you - does your old email work?

Its a picture - I can always put it on flickr if you'd prefer.

2:52 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

terri: Thank you m'am.

Caroline: The old email is still the current one so, yes, it does work.

10:26 am  
Blogger cvodb said...

My copy came in today. I'd sit and read it all if I wasn't working the weekend shift.

1:17 pm  
Blogger Tertia said...

Hi

Sorry to put this in your comments, but I can't find an email address for you. Please would you give me a shout at tertiaa@gmail.com Want to chat about the SA blog award prize with you.

Ta
Tertia
www.tertia.org

12:19 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

cvodb: I didn’t realize you had weekend work. How unpleasant!

Tertia: I’ve just emailed you. Speak soon.

12:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home