Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tweaks done for now

Well, I managed to get the '.png fix script' working. For the uninitiated, that means I've managed to implement transparency in Internet Explorer for versions prior to IE7.

You can't imagine what a sense of achievement this has given me. I must be a geek after all!

Unfortunately, due to a lag in it becoming active, the transparent bits are first displayed in grey. To me, the end product looks good but some readers may find the delay annoying. I could just say 'Do yourself a favour, and use a proper browser like Firefox,' but that would be rude. So if you do find it really annoying, let me know and I may consider removing it.

If any geeks out there know how to speed it up, please let me know.

5 Comments:

Blogger ExAfrica said...

Dear Nomad...you must truly be a geek - espousing Firefox and what not.

The geeks at work have told me I have to use Firefox. Up until last week when it started eating my memory at an alarming rate. Now, to much scorn, I am back using IE (see the geeks at the office taught me to call it that).

But, that said, I am highly impressed with what you've done to the place. Very cool indeed. An inspiration - I might just go change my font (that's all I am capable of really).

10:35 pm  
Anonymous frog with a blog said...

Nomad, you are such a geek. But a talented one! This looks amazing, bravo! But I'm using firefox so I'm pretty cool too.

PS: Could we have the comment box with a view of the Amsterdam red light district in the background please?

11:02 pm  
Blogger Caroline said...

I'll be reading you in bloglines from now on as I find the transparency very distracting...

pretty but harder to read... its because I'm an image person so my eyes are constantly being drawn away from the words...

word veri is

bekiome

8:56 pm  
Blogger cvodb said...

I think the transparency script loads slow because all the different flag-icons and statcounter stuff somehow loads first. Not sure how to circumvent that.

4:32 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Caroline, I think you're right about them slowing things down but, as I understand it, the IE6 hack only gets loaded at the end. It's a bugger not being a web programmer and not knowing how to sort these things out easily.

4:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home