Sunday, January 28, 2007

Time for a Spring clean

Yes, I know that Spring seems light years away with this weather but it's time to do a bit of spring-cleaning of this blog. There's quite a bit to do but, for the time being, I've limited it to getting my links in order.

Some of them have had to be deleted because the blogs no longer exist:
  • Xmichra decided to stop blogging as a concession to relationship problems
  • Nyasha (coffee addict) still has a presence at world wide photoshoot but I miss her 'proper' blog. She still needs to explain why she deleted it. Cow!!
  • Girl with a dot com has also gone and will be sorely missed.
I've also deleted those that I no longer read or that don't get updated anymore. Some of those that are updated very infrequently have been left as I'm hoping that they'll get updated again at some stage.

And there are several new ones to add:
  • Mike introduced me to Caroline and we met a couple of weeks ago when Mike spent the weekend here. She's one of the original bloggers, you know.
  • The fabulous minge is someone who stumbled across my blog and has been entertaining me with his eccentric view on life.
  • I'm not sure how Anjou found me but he seems to like me a lot so that says a lot about him. But, apart from that, someone who seems to love cows because they have four stomachs and one heart has to be good.
  • Herschelian is a woman who loves to write about three things - reading, ranting and recipes. I don't do too much ranting but I love reading and recipes so she's on a winning wicket. Being South African (even if she refers to herself as an ex-South African!) helps too!
  • Another introduction from Mike is Non-working Monkey, who has just moved to Amsterdam from the UK. She seems cool but that would apply to any introduction from Mike.
  • My link to James introduced me to 'blonde but bright', an American PhD student who has lived in Amsterdam for quite a while. Beware of her pop-up that could fall foul of your web-censor if you click on her at work. :-)
  • His link also introduced me to Alexis, a great source of comments on Dutch life by an outsider.
Go read them, I'm sure you'll like them as much as I do. Further spring-cleaning will be evident in the next few weeks.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi NR. I hope you like your time here in Amsterdam. Thanks for introducing yourself on my blog as well. One of these days I would love to have a big Amsterdam Expat Bloggers Party, just to see who's out there. Then of course the best part, when we'd all go home and blog about each other. It'd be like colaborative art!

5:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed you had another Caroline in your life - how confusing!

I've had an accidental total spring clean and have no links to others blogs up at all having messed up when moving to new blogger... and right now I'm just not sure what to do about them... can I be bothered to put all those pictures in again or do I conform to the word list... sigh... glad to see you are doing yours in a much more intentional way!

6:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh excellent, I'll save this in the back of my mind for some time at work when I don't feel like working, then I can go exploring new blogs instead :)

7:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHEW... [breathing a huge sigh of relief and with heartbeat gradually slowing to normal...] i'm still there!

7:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad I cracked the nod

Wouldn't have been suprised - too tired to blog properly these days - I'll get back to it soon enough - so hold the thumb on that delete button next time around.

12:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You're going to give people the wrong impression of my content! :) I hope that I've cleaned up my act enough to be seen at your office again.

I like the idea Alexis has of an expat blogger's party. Sounds like fun!

6:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

should people who secretly read other people's blogs that they've never met and probably never will meet because they're half way around the world feel like stalkers? :) i will admit that i read all my friends blogs and well... yours. not sure why, except i find your writing fascinatingly (probably not a word) gripping. anyway, since you're cleaning out your blog and acknowledging actual relationships with the people who read your blog, i felt the need to introduce myself. :) i live in utah (USA)... so needless to say, my life is far less interesting to read about, but feel free should you feel a need to know who is secretly reading your blog while putting off meaningful work i'm getting paid not to do. thanks for the occasional distraction.

11:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry... clarification... i didn't find your blog through a friends (had to clarify so you weren't racking your brain, because i know i would do that for days). i randomly stumbled upon it sometime ago when i first started my blog (sept, i think... not that long ago i guess). anyway, i quickly determined we had pretty much nothing in common -- utah = mormon, which i can only assume there are very few of in Amsterdam :) -- but i found your ramblings intriguing, interesting... a really good way to pass time when i am procrastinating... and i like getting to know people (relative term) that are really different from me... so i keep reading. hope you don't mind. :)

11:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez! I best get my act together then!!

3:31 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

alexis: Glad to introduce you, of course. Great idea about the blogmeet, I'll be there if YOU arrange it!

Caroline: Not jealous, are you? :-)

terri: I want to do that all the time but my computer screen is positioned badly for skyving off.

angel: There was absolutely no chance of you being dropped!

exafrica: ditto you too. I may have made the post sound a bit harsh in that it wasn't a massive cull but a gentle trimming.

blondebutbright: We must encourage Alexis all we can.

janaya: What a lovely compliment! Thanks for introducing yourself and please visit as often as you like. It's good to put 'faces' to regular lurkers.

paul: Yes, you had!! ;-)

6:46 pm  
Blogger Anjou Wu said...

My blog is a hopeless mess, but you're awfully kind to give me a "shout out" as they used to say here in the USA.

I read your blog all the time, and wonder about you. I suppose that might make me a stalker, but thankfully I'm thousands of miles away...

9:55 pm  
Blogger ExAfrica said...

We've all gone anonymous!

Nomad, except you! Some type of trickery going on here!

2:56 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

anjou: 'stalk' as much as you want!

exafrica: I switched to the new blogger so I can only assume that explains what happened.

7:29 pm  
Anonymous Cristina said...

LOL! Just read this specific post, and showed it to BH as well. Will have to email you one day with a very long explanation regarding the end of "nyasha's coffee corner"... long and complicated clarification. ;)
Can see how Britain has affected your vocab: "Cow!" Had not heard that in AGES! Hillarious. :-D

6:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home