Friday, December 22, 2006

Winter's here!

22 Dec 2006Winter's here at last!

Not that I particularly like winter of course, but it has been strange not feeling properly cold until the last few days. I've actually had to wear a scarf to keep me warm rather than as a colourful neck accessory. The fog has been playing havoc with the airlines and driving has been particularly tedious as everyone slows down to a crawl.

The following series of pics were taken over the past month and a bit, all at about 8am as I walked to catch the bus between the central bus station in Northampton and work.

10th Nov14th Nov15th Nov16th Nov21st Nov
10th Nov14th Nov15th Nov16th Nov21st Nov
22nd Nov23rd Nov11th Dec22nd Dec
22 Nov23rd Nov
11th Dec22nd Dec

But much more interesting than the eventual arrival of winter is the fact that today's my last day (*) of work in Northampton!

Not only am I moving to a new job in a new city in a new country, but my daily commute is going to become SO much easier. Instead of the daily nodding off during the hour and a bit long car journey to and from work, my daily commute is going to be a mere 20 minute tram and metro journey. Bliss!

For those of you who are unlikely to be reading blogs in the next few days, let me wish you all a Merry Christmas and, especially, a great New Year. For those of you who'll be around, I'll wish you again at the appropriate time.

(*)I had to change the password on my PC today. I changed it to 'lastday'. It had been 'orange' for the past month.

8 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

That sequence of pictures is good it really shows how things change.

Our view today is all fog.... I hope its cleared by the time you have to make your trip to your new city!

It must be exciting to be moving.

3:21 pm  
Blogger andrea said...

Love this photo sequence -- the foggy one looks positively gothic!

Have a great holiday, and an exciting start to the new year!

xo

4:23 pm  
Blogger xmichra said...

Well, no snow?? green grass?? You are sooo not in winter. lol... yes i am envious ;)

hehe.. i like your passwords, they are cute :)

And I will most likely be around.. but happy ho-ho just incase!!

8:42 pm  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

The photo series is excellent. I've thought of doing something like that but with my memory, you'd see dates like Nov. 2002, Apr. 2005, yesterday, etc. I'm happy for you with this new move. I'm looking forward to hearing how this new chapter starts off for you. Have a smooth move and a great holiday!

4:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your photos! I've always wanted to experience a winter in the UK - don't ask me why! Perhaps next year I'll get over for a while.

2:53 pm  
Blogger Guyana-Gyal said...

Hello Nomad, so you're moving again! Stay safe, enjoy Holland, hope you return to this blog to tell us about your new life. Work starts on Jan. 2, eh? Have fun :-)

Today here looks as bleak as I remember London on my one and only visit. But here, it's warm and nice.

7:17 pm  
Blogger Phidoux said...

I love the series of photos - and we're having the same sort of weather here in the Southern US today.

6:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE those pictures!

9:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home