Friday, October 06, 2006

It's not what you know, it's who you know

I've had a couple of big spikes in my blog hits before but nothing like today - I've gone beyond 1000 hits and the hits keep on coming.

Gordon linked to my classic insults post and it was picked up by dooce, a blog I'd never heard of before.

According to Lynn, a self-proclaimed sissy-missy, 'being tagged by Dooce is like being glittered on by Tinkerbell. She is the Mother of all bloggers. Check out her ranking on technorati--more than anything read into her archives--she is brilliant. (Not like me and you brilliant--but brilliant :))'

And, now that kottke has picked up the baton from dooce, he being another A-list blogger, that's bound to lead to another spike.

Oh my, this is all so dizzying.....I think I'll have to go out tonight after all.

11 Comments:

Blogger Gordon said...

Ohh sorry about that.. um.. or.. YAY!

I'm getting a little 'action' from Dooce too but I HAD heard of her (and been reading her before she was 'dooced' believe it or not).

Didn't realise Mr. Kottke had it too.. blimey.

10:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might want to spell Kottke's name right since he linked to your blog.

1:00 am  
Blogger ExAfrica said...

Oorh fuck, congratulations!

Let the good times roll.




P.S....any news about he job?

3:26 am  
Blogger mike said...

There are indeed two T's in "kottke". Fix it immediately, d'you hear? You're on public display now, and you don't want to go showing yourself up!

In the meantime, keep riding that spike. Stats spikes are fun, if a little deflating when everything returns to normal again...

1:04 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

gordon: and so you should be. Sorry, that is. :-)

anonymous: oops, that was a silly slip - I've corrected it now.

exAfrica: No news, so not holding my breath.

mike: All corrected now! The wave continues...please be around when I come down crashing!

1:47 pm  
Anonymous nyasha said...

i'll be around for sure :) You A lister you... *wink*

4:42 pm  
Blogger Caroline said...

... I've come back just in time to admire as you sail away into the sunset...

thanks for all the encouragement --- I just had to wait until I was ready before I restarted

9:33 pm  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Cuh-razy...I'm getting a bunch of visitors from your site too!!

10:13 pm  
Blogger Farrel said...

I think I got to you from a digg link. Your site is on digg...you have arrived. Doesn't Andy Warhol have something to say about that?

12:51 am  
Blogger mike said...

Honey, the spike just got a whole lot bigger...

2:04 am  
Anonymous Lynn said...

Thanks for the shout out. Glad you are realizing what a big deal it is... superstar.

3:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home