Thursday, October 05, 2006

Google-trapped again

I seem to be making a habit of getting caught out by google for the things I’ve said.

First it was an entry (one of my first forays into the blogosphere) on Troubled Diva which resulted in Mike having this to say.

Next it was my ‘borrowing’ of a lovely Cape Town pic that I shouldn’t have credited to the photographer as her googling picked it up and she was thoroughly pissed off. I found the pic on fotocommunity but it no longer seems to be there so she must have removed it.

My most recent 'google-trap' happened this week when I got this comment to my Big Brother post:

As Employees of The Adult Gift Shop in Nottingham, We find your Blog very small minded!

Lea Walker was infact sacked nearly 3 years ago!

The shop is Pink to stand out and attract customers. This is called marketing!

As members of staff we would not like to be stereo-typed as dirty freaks!


Well, in response, there are two things I’ll apologise for. One being getting it wrong that Lea Walker still works there – my internet research obviously got it wrong. And I also apologise if an impression was given that I think that all employees of the shop are freaks. That was not my intention at all.

But, I don’t apologise for saying that someone who looks like a weird human version of a Barbie doll looks like the sort of person that would love to lord it over a place that is so garishly pink. And I don't apologise for saying that my senses are always assaulted by the shop's garish pink vulgarity whenever I walk past. Funnily enough, having said that, I actually think that the place contributes towards what I like about Hockley, my little pocket of Nottingham.

7 Comments:

Anonymous kyknoord said...

People tend to see what they want to see. It's rather ironic that they label your blog as "small minded" simply for having an opinion.

12:44 pm  
Blogger Bill said...

What a fun place Nottingham seems to be! ;)

I was earlier this year accused of having scuppered the chances of a Conservative being elected in a Scottish Parliament by-election - although I think, frankly, I had little to do with it, but if I did contribute in even a small way to that particular person's political demise then I certainly don't apologise ...

4:15 pm  
Blogger andrea said...

You keep on doing what you're doing. Don't you know there's no such thing as bad publicity?

5:18 pm  
Blogger Dawn said...

I agree with Andrea - the best publicity is 'bad' publicity. In spite of this, I think you have displayed very good, typically English manners by being ever so polite in your apology. Don't these folk just love getting their knickers in a knot.

10:05 pm  
Anonymous pink said...

i would just like to point out that i'm not pink in order to stand out and attract customers...

ahem!

12:36 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

kyknoord : A case of people in pink shops shouldn’t throw stones?

Bill: Now, now, don’t be sarcastic about Nottingham!

I thought you voted Conservative? In which case, don’t you want any Conservative candidate to get in even if you don’t particularly like the person?

andrea : Would you like my autograph?

Dawn: My parents brought me up well, ja?

pink: Yeah, right!! :-)

9:48 am  
Blogger Bill said...

Sorry is I came over as a little sarcastic - wasn't my intention - honest ;) And yes, it was that particular person I didn't want to see back in Edinburgh, not the Party in general, although I haven't quite got 'back into the fold' with them either. By the way I heard yesterday that Ryanair is starting flights between Inverness and Nottingham (East Midlands) next February so whether it's case of Inverness or Nottingham gaining, or both, I leave you to decide :)

2:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home