Friday, October 06, 2006

Down at heel

broken heelMy shoe started flapping at me during a meeting. I tried to ignore it but it was very persistent.

What to do?

I considered taping it but thought that would not work and, anyway, would look really unsightly. I tried staples all around the heel. Nice look, slightly punky, but it flapped open straight away.

Oh well, only one thing left to do – rip it off!

Now I’m walking around as if I have a major limp. It’s not particularly unsightly; it’s definitely not punky. In fact, I just look a bit more of a tramp than usual.

But, no more flapping. Oh, the bliss of it!

6 Comments:

Anonymous nyasha said...

flip flop to works i say? in winter? Ugg boots! :) What about super glue, would that have worked? How about just walking around in your socks? Set a trend, Nomad. Go on, just do it!

12:56 pm  
Blogger DougZAR said...

Not to worry, mate - you never were a flapper to begin with.

1:04 pm  
Blogger Alan said...

One word - superglue. Works wonders.

2:00 pm  
Blogger Anne said...

I feel your pain. One time I wore my most favorite addorable chunky flip-flops to work and of course that very same day the toe seperator came loose and I tried to fix it every way I knew how. I even tried using a rubberband and an unfolded paper clip. It didn't work. I looked rediculous. A friend of mine said I looked like I should be selling "Street Wise" (A chicago newspaper written and sold by homeless people for spare change). Doh.

6:53 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

nyasha and alan: superglue would have worked but I didn't have any access to any.

doug: you say such nice things...flap, flap, mince, mince. :-)

anne: thanks for commiserating and thanks for visiting.

9:10 pm  
Anonymous Lynn said...

Sweet Pea, being tagged by Dooce is like being glittered on by Tinkerbell. She is the Mother of all bloggers. Check out her ranking on technorati--more than anything read into her archives--she is brilliant. (Not like me and you brilliant--but brilliant :))

9:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home