Sunday, September 10, 2006

I do miss a good Sunday lunch

Sunday lunch time - crusty Portuguese rolls with thick slices of cheese and slices of banana!

Mmmmm……..

I really do miss having the 7/11 just down the road as at home in Cape Town. Their bread is delicious, just perfect for weekend lunchtime snacks. If not having the cheese and banana rolls I so love and I’d remembered to buy rare roast beef from the Oakhurst farmshop on Main Road, the rolls would be stuffed with lettuce, beef and lots and lots of horseradish sauce.

Mmmmm…..

5 Comments:

Anonymous kyknoord said...

Great. Now I'm hungry and it's two hours until lunchtime.

10:14 am  
Blogger Alan said...

I love roast beef but have never been a fan of horseradish sauce. Mustard mmmm !

11:54 am  
Anonymous xmichra said...

horseradish is awesome! It has that certain hotness in it. Great stuff. I have never had beef stuffed with lettuce though. I have had beef wrapped with mustard horseradish bacon and onions. THAT is good.

I suck at making bread, except banana bread. I make a really wicked banana bread.

3:16 pm  
Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

I remember the shop you are talking about.
Feeling a bit home-sick?

8:13 am  
Blogger CTG said...

I know that shop. In Kenilworth. They do make a good bread. One shop that is always great is Coimbra in Claremont. Luckily, I've moved to Rondebosch (near the "Ghost house - Milner Road"), so I'm close by.

7:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home