Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I tried to post this yesterday afternoon

In trying to determine if a particular data item is an amount or a percentage, I've just been looking at its definition:

The PD is the propensity for a customer to be unwilling or unable to pay their account and clear the debt. This is the raw output from the PD Loss Model prior to any post-model adjustments having been applied.

I understood this to mean that it can be found at the back of the fridge. This didn’t seem strange until I looked at the attribute on the data model again, wondering how I was going to change its name to reflect its definition.

I must be very tired!

Yes, I was up very late last night trying to sort out my laptop. Getting there but not quite there yet.

4 Comments:

Blogger nyasha said...

you lost me at "propensity". Let me get my first coffee of today and my head might be able to comprehend what a PD Loss Model is. It is too early in the morning Nomad :)

8:33 am  
Blogger kyknoord said...

The acid test is "are elephant jokes hilarious?". If the answer is "yes", then you are indeed very tired.

9:48 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

coffee addict: why would you be mad enough to want to understand that rubbish? Unless you're in charge of credit risk at a bank, of course.

kyknoord: I absolutely love elephant jokes! Maybe I'm tired all the time?

10:03 am  
Blogger Gay banker said...

Hmmmm, this sounds like BIS2 to me Reluctant Nomdad. In which case I thought PD=Probability of Default? There's also LGD of course, i.e. Loss Given Default, not Large Gay Dildo ... !

GB x

7:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home