Friday, April 14, 2006

Broad Street

A few months ago, in a rushed early morning daze, I put my mobile phone in the washing machine and had to get another. Not being the sort who puts much store in the latest gadgets, I've always regarded mobiles as communication devices in no need of fancy extra bits. In my case, communication by mobile is restricted to voice calls and text messages, so being able to take photos and videos with my mobile has never been of any interest to me. My replacement phone, probably the cheapest available, with its retro mainframe green-and-black look is more than adequate for me.

Or so I thought.

But, having decided that I should move from the more expensive pay-as-you-go service to a contract, I found myself in the market for a new phone. Since the handset was going to be 'free', it seemed a bit silly not to go for the best I could get.

My new baby, a Nokia N70, arrived yesterday and already I'm in love with it!

For some time now, I've been meaning to get a digital camera and I'm sure that I'll eventually get one but the camera on this phone is rather impressive. I took a few snaps earlier when I returned from the shops. They're all taken in Broad Street where I live.



Taken from the doorway to my flats, looking towards Goosegate and Stoney street.



Doorway to my flat to the right of Revolution, behind the blue car.



Taken opposite my doorway, just to the side of the Broadway cinema and looking towards the Lord Roberts, my local.

14 Comments:

Blogger rhino75 said...

It IS addictive, isn't it? exactly the same thing happened to me. Next step will be getting a free Flickr account and then there'll be no stopping you!!

6:40 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

I swear your phone takes better pics then my digital camera!! I still have my old Nokia and am holding strong - no gadgets for me :)

9:24 pm  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Cell phone cameras rule!!

11:18 pm  
Blogger Phidoux said...

Congratulations - you'll ove being able to zap photos to your blog. The resolution is very very good! It's cool seeing glimpses of what you see every day. :)

Luvin,
Jeff

2:42 am  
Blogger andrea said...

WOW. I want one of those. I hate phones, but one can never have too many cameras...

3:52 am  
Blogger Babsbitchin said...

Pretty fancy there Nomad. Now, don't go getting all high falootin on us, Mr. Fancy Pants!!

8:58 pm  
Blogger Frog with a Blog said...

The quality of the pics is really good! Now, we want to see more of your everyday life!

1:07 am  
Blogger Babsbitchin said...

Yea Nomad, what frog said!!

5:06 am  
Blogger justin said...

Yes, I'm very impressd too - brilliant photos.

11:54 pm  
Blogger Rob7534 said...

Now I can print these out, next time i'm over there, I can walk the streets and compare the landmarks on the photos! YAY!

For stalking purposes obviously!

4:47 am  
Blogger PJ said...

gotta watch out for those stalkers! ;-)

8:58 am  
Blogger whatalotoffun said...

Nice photos. Ive got a Samsung D500 how do I get the photos on my blog. Ive tried everything.

9:19 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

rhino: I do have a flickr account but I haven't really used it. Things may change now, of course!

tammy: do like I did and move on with the times and, in so doing, get a better digital camera. :-)

portuguesa nova: until now I could never see the point but I'm a convert now.

phidoux: I may have to start a 'secret blog' where I show 'other things' that are part of my daily life. ;-)

andrea: i think you're just greedy when it comes to images!

babs and frog: I'll try my best to entertain you with more of what my everyday life looks like but don't expect anything too wonderful.

justin: I'm sure you know that street well!

rob and pj: you're both stalkers in the making, it seems.

pj: was that you ringing the bell after midnight last night?

whatalotoffun: I'll have to email you some lessons to get you going.

10:33 pm  
Anonymous Dwayne said...

This can't succeed as a matter of fact, that is exactly what I believe.
first time anal | recipes with ground beef | strappy heels

5:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home