Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Brokeback again

Brokebank Mountain has gone and won a whole lot more awards at the Baftas on Sunday night. Is it a sweep of the Oscars next?

Despite my rather underwhelmed response to the film, I acknowledge that it's a 'big movie' with a classic, timeless theme. And, with its relatively unconventional theme of gay ranch hands set in the sixties, it wouldn't be long before the jokers and cartoonists brought it down to size.

I found some funny cartoons at bigric's place and the Brokeback Mountain shopping list at queerfactor.







Grocery lists for Ennis & Jack, summer 1962 on Brokeback Mountain
WEEK ONE
Beans, Bacon, Coffee, Whiskey

WEEK TWO
Beans, Ham, Coffee, Whiskey

WEEK THREE
Beans, Bacon, Coffee, Whiskey, K-Y

WEEK FOUR
Beans, Pancetta, Coffee (espresso grind), Whiskey, 2 tubes K-Y

WEEK FIVE
Fresh Java beans, Jasmine rice, Prosciutto, approx. 8 ounces, thinly sliced, Medallions of veal, Porcini mushrooms, 1/2 pint of heavy whipping cream, 1 Cub Scout uniform, size 42 long, 5-6 bottles good Chardonnay, 1 large bottle Astro-glide, dildo

WEEK SIX
Yukon Gold potatoes, Heavy whipping cream, Asparagus (very thin), Eggs, Lemons, Gruyere cheese (well aged), Walnuts, Arugula, Unsalted Butter, Olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, 6 yards white silk organdy, 6 yards pale ivory taffeta, Case of Chardonnay, Large tin Crisco and tub of Albolene, gloves, moisturizer, toner and cleanser

7 Comments:

Blogger rhino75 said...

love it!!

12:26 pm  
Anonymous Alan said...

I am surprised that it took them to week six to get moistiriser ! Just imagine what the dry mountain air and repeated friction could have done to their skin !

1:02 pm  
Blogger rhino75 said...

in fact, I loved it so much, I stole it too (though of course crediting yourself and queer factor!)

1:05 pm  
Blogger Bill said...

Hi Alan,

I just saw it earlier this evening. My two sentence review; maybe I'll have more to say after my 2nd viewing next week.

"A fine film and I enjoyed it; it would be wonderful if it was complete fiction. God, I am angry."

Having said that, the cartoons were good - specially the 'John Wayne' one ;)

12:10 am  
Blogger CTG said...

I love these cartoons. I got them last week from a friend. I had such a good laugh and circulated them to all my contacts. Have a great day, CTG

5:35 am  
Blogger Terri said...

LOL! Thanks for the laugh!
I take it you're feeling a bit better then?

7:19 pm  
Blogger Terri said...

PS I keep meaning to tell you - I LOVE the background on your blog!

7:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home