Friday, January 27, 2006

They are so easily confused

pete burnsHas anyone been watching Celebrity Big Brother? I haven't apart from late at night as a way of trying to fall asleep. I mean it! Unlike many others I'm not a closet Big Brother watcher - I actually don't watch it.

But watch it or not, it's virtually impossible to not know what's going on as it's plastered all over the news and papers all the time. For most of the politically-illiterate of this country George Galloway meant nothing but his cat stunt will have made them all aware of who he is by now.

I bumped into a friend at the pub last night who mentioned how his commercial website has taken a huge pounding in recent weeks. A bit like this blog over the past few days. I don't usually reveal friend's names unless they are fellow bloggers so I won't reveal his name but, suffice to say, things can be confusing if you have the same name as someone in the public eye.

Um, cough, cough.

So who do you think is going to win?

3 Comments:

Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Incidentally, when/if you open his website, you may want to enter it...he's been quite amusing about the identity confusion. :-)

7:59 am  
Blogger Caroline said...

Thanks for the link to the old photographs - its so easy to look at them and imagine that they are parts of one's mislaid family - not that I've got a mislaid family but you never know.... yesterday I heard about someone suddenly discovering a whole half dozen half-siblings out of the blue... his mother had been a nurse who had an affair with a married man, the chap had been sent back to America before she even knew she was pregnant... hmm... miss laid that was what his mother was... oh dear... sorry its these word games...

and thats the gspel truth

which reminds me my ex-boss (with whom I was lunching) told me to check out a website that was a good skit on the fundamentalist Christians and sold thongs with the slogan "what would Jesus do?" (amongst many others...) - and I've found it:
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

he also suggested this cartoon:

http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/index.html?uc_full_date=20051218

So I hope you find these funny - if not blame my boss and word verification - I'm just the one trying to interpret the signs...

9:56 am  
Blogger Rob7534 said...

I LOVE landoverbaptist. Betty Bowers is my IDOL.

You know, she's so close Jesus, she knows his PIN number!

I work night, I miss of the reality shows (which tend to get broadcast during primetime as I sleep) but I stopped Big Brother after season 1. I've never seen any of the European versions, I don't think I get those on my television feed anyway.

But, if I can judge it from previous installments that I have heard about.

I predict the cutt-throat fasionably forward semi-attractive guy will win.

I forgot his name...

7:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home