Monday, January 16, 2006

Calling Ghana

ghanaian flag

The beauty of having tools like sitemeter and neocounter is that you get to know where your readers come from and, sometimes, how they get here. But unless those readers become regular 'commenters', there's little else you can find out about them. Often, of course, you don't know if visitors are repeat readers or not unless there are a few other clues associated with the 'tracks' they leave.

Most of my visitors (and readers) are from the UK, US, South Africa, France and Canada. I know this from the number of visitors I get from those countries and from where the readers that comment live.

For some time now, I've noticed that I'm regularly visited by someone living in Ghana. I rather like the idea of being regularly read by someone who lives in Africa who isn't South African. I think that he or she may have stumbled across my blog via my registration with blogafrica, a website that pulls together a wide number of blogs with an African theme or background.

So, dear reader from Ghana, who are you?

11 Comments:

Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Hmmm...its a small world afterall, could it be my blogging buddy from Ghana? http://ekbensah.blogspot.com/

2:58 pm  
Blogger andrea said...

I just added a Clustrmap to my blog as I like to have a visual of who's visiting. I love it that there are visitors from the four corners of the earth.

5:06 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

portuguesa: you could be right...that's often a way of getting new readers. I shall check that blog out. :-)

andrea: me too. I've also thought of adding a map and may yet do so. Let me go look at yours...

6:44 pm  
Blogger Frog with a Blog said...

oooh this so exciting, anxious to know who that is! i have a feeling he's a very handsome he with nice lips!

7:51 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Trust you, mick, to think about such things when I'm only interested in minds and whereabouts.

8:02 pm  
Blogger Frog with a Blog said...

oh I know that Nomey, minds and whereabouts are really fun too;-)
Just kidding, I am actually really wondering who that is but more importantly, I'm very curious about who lives in "country not detected"

12:57 am  
Blogger Rob7534 said...

Hmm... isn't that interesting.

I have what appears to be a mosquito bite on my 3rd finger. How did that get there in the middle of Winter?

Itchs like Hell too.

I'm sorry Nomad, what were you saying? Oh, your friend from Africa, sounds HOT. Post pics please.

5:05 am  
Blogger CTG said...

Hi there. I must say that since adding the caluster map to my blog, its been great to see where my readers are from. And it's literally from all over. Thanks for stopping by my site - visit whenever you can, hehe (wink). It was a very hot weekend, but I will definately be making the soup come winter. Have a great day. CTG.

5:27 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

mick: the past is another country - perhaps that is the undetected country?

rob: you are letting your fantasies run away with you - he/she hasn't bitten the bait (yet) so I've no idea whether he/sh is hot or not let alone have pics.

ctg: your visitors come from all over as you post copious quantities of gratuitous male flesh! :-)

11:01 am  
Blogger Rob7534 said...

Gratuituous male flesh!?!?

I'm so THERE ctg!

12:55 pm  
Blogger CTG said...

Haha, I guess they do come by for that. But I do post other things, lol. Rob7534 - you are most welcome. Stop by anytime. Have a great day. CTG :-)

8:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home