Thursday, December 29, 2005

Update on my Christmas card

It seems that the festive snowman was a correct prediction even though it wasn't intended as such. Snow started to fall on Boxing Day and there have been flurries of snow ever since. Not really being used to the stuff, it still excites me as it would excite a child. Everything looks so clean and beautiful and there is a special silence that descends, muffling the usual sounds of the city. So far, I've had to stop myself from sprawling face first on the pavement three times. I don't need any more facial scars so let's hope that I continue to avoid kissing the pavement.

As for the hanging of Glitter in Vietnam, it appears that that 'prediction' didn't come true. The BBC reports that he paid $2000 to each of the families of the two girls he is accused of sexually abusing. Both families have since written to the authorities asking them to drop child rape charges, which they have done.

6 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

But were you kissing the pavement out of clumsiness or heartfelt appreciation of such beauty?

I'm begging you to tell your Joe Jackson story. I'm a huge fan though I've seen him in concert a mere 3 times. I'll give you my first born male child (and I actually have one!).

4:34 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Clumsiness combined with slipperiness!

You've seen him in concert 3 times - I haven't seen him peform (musically) once! Ok, I'll tell you my Joe Jackson story soon.

8:13 pm  
Blogger Rob7534 said...

Im disappointed Nomad, I thought you were "kissing" the snow because you were inspired.

I can just imagine you dressed in a warm coat with a long scarf around your neck (very sexy) looking like you stepped right out of a modeling agency, with child-like wonder in your eyes at the white stuff from heaven!

agh.

4:58 am  
Blogger rhino75 said...

I AM very used to snow but I still get excited whenever it happens. As I write this, the cat and I are looking out of my window watching snowfall in the courtyard - she doesn't know any better, of course.

2:17 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

rob: I hate to disappoint you but I look far more like a tramp than someone who's walked out of a modelling agency. And I don't even own a scarf although I've needed one in the past few days.

rhino: you paint a very cosy, romantic picture....purrrrrrrrr!

3:51 pm  
Anonymous Viswa said...

Nice Pictures,Interesting and informative article,well narrated story...

6:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home