Monday, December 19, 2005

New depths

I wish I was referring to hidden depths recently found. Quite the contrary, however.

As usual, I went out on Friday night. As usual, I drank too much. As usual, I landed up at the club. As usual....

I woke up late morning on Saturday with a rather fuzzy head and went to make myself some coffee. Two teabags in the sink puzzled me a bit as I hardly ever drink tea let alone two cups in a row. And then I remembered making tea for someone during the night. Someone who was no longer in the flat and of whom I have absolutely no recollection whatsoever.

Last night I made dinner for A partly for having lost a bet and partly to thank him for having bought me Schott's Almanac. We went out afterwards and did the whole local gay circuit thing. He came home with me.

That was a very bad idea as having sex with him can only lead to complications of a sort I do not need. We had a brief fling months ago but he still has very strong feelings for me. I don't want anything more than friendship from our relationship so going to bed with him again really isn't clever.

New depths? I have plumbed them and really need to get a grip.

7 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

Oops. I am reliving some of my long-ago, almost forgotten sordid past through these posts. Stop it.

4:33 am  
Blogger rhino75 said...

hmmmm, doesn't sound IDEAL. Sort it out Nomad!! I think your New Year's resolution should be NOT to leave teabags in the sink - it's slovenly behaviour!!

8:55 am  
Blogger Rob7534 said...

Mmm Teabag... oh not THAT kind of Tea Bags!

Damn.

The more I read blogs from folks in the UK, the more I think there is a SERIOUS alcohol problem amid the gay community there! This is not the first blog I have read where Englishmen (although you're not a native) "accidently" lost memory for entire days.

Tell us what sex is like when your drunk! I should try that one of these days. :)

10:47 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

andrea: I will do my best to nip it in the bud.

rhino: i apologise and i will use the basin in the bathroom in future.

rob: there is another type of teabag? And, to answer your question, sex when drunk can be wonderful but there's a point beyond which it's useless.

12:12 pm  
Blogger Rob7534 said...

Teabag'n is when a guy lowers his scrotum (ie balls) into an open mouth.

When I was in Mexico, my roomates kept threatening to "teabag" me if I didn't stop snoring.

Ha! As if that would stop me :)

8:39 am  
Blogger Chig said...

I'll buy you a teapot next time I'm round. It makes the tea taste better as well...

Thanks for your comments on WoC. (Wayne's my favourite too!) Don't worry, I've been visiting here irregularly anyway, and enjoying it. I hope to see you again. With a teapot and possibly not jabbering nonsense on your living room floor, but you never know.

Have a good Christmas/Hanukkah/New Year's Eve etc...

12:34 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Thanks, Chig, no doubt we will bump into each other in the new year, whether that be on living room floor or elsewhere. you have a good one too.

1:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home