Wednesday, December 21, 2005

London Pink Eye

london eye lit up pink for breakthroughMass outbreak of conjunctivitis in London?

No, but London’s Eye was lit up pink last night. Well, that’s what I heard from G (of the G&M partnership that gets legalised in spring next year) via a text message last night. What a lovely gesture, I thought. They’re celebrating the fact that the first Civil Partnerships in England and Wales will be registered today. But in doing a google on ‘pink London eye’ this morning, I came across this site. Oh dear, it’s just a cynical marketing exercise as the Eye will be available for ‘gay weddings’. But that same search threw up evidence of a previous pink eye when it was lit up pink in support of the Breakthrough breast cancer charity. Ok, maybe I’m overly cynical.

Well, whether it was an advertising gimmick or a celebratory gesture, it must have looked very pretty in pink.

6 Comments:

Blogger Aethlos said...

ooooh...yes yes yes... i'd love to hear what you think after REreading atlas. I've just discovered ayn, and am still reeling from the shock... and still rereading dagny's dialogue and hank's dialogue and weeping... omg, i just love this book. I'm sure the intensity of this will fade...but until then i'm loving it. :)

2:16 am  
Blogger Guyana-Gyal said...

Off the topic, I know...I finally went to the postcards & secrets blog, Nomad. You're right, interesting, and some sad.
AND anonymous. Hmmmm ;-)

11:20 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

I bet you have some REALLY interesting secrets too! :-)

2:17 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

aethlos: waiting for me to re-read it could be a VERY long wait! I have so many other books to read before I even think of that. But, should I get there, I'll definitely let you know.

2:18 pm  
Blogger Guyana-Gyal said...

I dunno, Nomad, most of my secrets are thoughts. I'm boooring. Boo hoo.

10:51 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

you are anything BUT boring!

12:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home