Friday, December 02, 2005

I’m not hungover but, boy, do I feel rough today!

Mike and I exchanged a series of emails yesterday:

Mike: So, where and when tonight? Bearing in mind your new early cycle, I guess we shouldn't stay out too late?

Alan: No, staying out late isn't a good idea as I've been averaging 3 - 3.5 hours a night since Sunday! I hope to be home by 6.30 at the latest so what time suits you? Earlier or later? Happy to meet up anywhere you like.

Mike: As for this evening, let's push things earlier. How about 8:30 in The Newmarket, and a STRICT VOW, breakable ON PAIN OF DEATH, not to go for "just one more" at The Central?

Alan: I'll see you at Newmarket at 8.30 and even if my arm were twisted, I'd not go to the Central. I can honestly say that I've gone off that place now and with later drinking hours elsewhere, there seems to be no reason to go there. So, ON PAIN OF DEATH, no suggestions of *just one more* ANYWHERE!

As planned, we met up at The Newmarket. Then we went to the Lord Roberts where we bumped into A. And then, guess what?

Yep, the three of us went to The Central!

And, as if that were not enough, D arrived. I hadn’t seen or heard from him since Friday night when I was rude to him in the club. He was drunk at the time (just for a change!) and wanted to go home with me but I’d sent him packing telling him to get hold of me when he was sober.

Again, he wasn’t sober. A bit of an altercation developed between him and A that was all a bit silly but heated enough for me to have to keep them apart.

Again, D asked to go home with me. This time he did.

I didn’t drink to excess so that explains the lack of a hangover but I reduced my sleep time to 2 hours. At this rate I’m going to give up sleeping altogether.

5 Comments:

Blogger Niles said...

Is the Newmarket gay again? I never much liked the Central. No real beer, too smokey. At least the Lord Rob vaguely does hand-pulled.

4:18 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Was it ever gay? It's not gay but a lot of gay guys go there. The owner/manager and boyfriend are gay.

Do yourself and go ot the Central one night to see how much it has deteriorated from its previous lows.

6:17 pm  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Two hours. Two hours?! I'm hoping the entire evening was worth two hours of sleep. That is just not enough! Well, not like 3.5 is, but you know what I mean. Those are more like a 'nap'... And my famous last words are "I am NOT closing the bar"... usually uttered for the last time around closing time... ;)

12:13 am  
Blogger BUDDESS said...

I hope it was at least two hours of good sleeping and not tossing and turning in bed. Hope your weekend was a little less hectic!!

8:52 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

The weekend was not ideal sleep-wise but I managed to get a decent 5-6 hours of mostly uninterrupted sleep last night so feeling a lot better today than I did on Friday.

I just hope that I'll get into a proper sleeping pattern this week.

9:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home