Monday, November 28, 2005

Nausea

The real sort, not the Jean Paul Sartre sort!

Long gone are the days when I read that sort of stuff and loved it. And all those wonderful Russian authors. Nowadays, I'm too much of a lazy reprobate to even entertain indulging in such intellectual exercises.

I'm referring to the sort that comes about after buying something from the kebab shop. I realised some time ago that I don't actually like kebabs even if drunk so I now turn to their other offerings. Tonight, it was a tried-and-tested cheese burger and chips liberally doused in garlic mayo. The burger was ok but I felt my stomach rebelling against those chips that had been deep-fried in oil that has probably seen too many chips and too many drunken nights.

Please stop me from going to such places in future.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Ah, the good old 'Midnight Death Burger' - for years 'Bimbo's' was the best place to get your MDB, but they've been bought out and rebranded as 'Steers'. Which isn't a bad thing, but the MDB isn't really going to be the same without those wavy chips.

Are you sure it was the chips and not the garlic mayo? Just reading those two words made my stomach do a backflip!

5:03 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Yep, you could be right there - those huge squeeze bottles of various sauces, including garlic mayo, have to be crawling with all sorts of things invented to play havoc with poor, unsuspecting stomachs.

9:00 am  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Strangely, I always find myself saying a little prayer that I will get a little bit of food poisoning whenever I find myself unable to resist the lure of some restaurant that serves food that I really should not be eating...a couple of days of nausea is the only thing that can keep me off any particular junk food.

Hope you're feeling better.

5:21 pm  
Blogger Guyana-Gyal said...

It's the grease. Does it to me everytime.

6:00 pm  
Blogger BUDDESS said...

RN Stop going to those places!!!! It is clearly not good for your health!!! Did that work?

7:24 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Thanks, so far so good! Shout at me every few days and it may have a permanent effect.

10:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home