Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Kinky Boots or The Constant Gardener?

Having decided to not be a regular on the Northampton gay scene, I now take to my bed each night with nothing warmer than a book or the telly to keep me company. This is good for my liver, my bank balance and, probably, my soul but it makes for a rather boring life during the week. So, this being mid-week, my usual night for an alcoholic binge with Mike and others when in Nottingham, perhaps it's time to think of something to do here that doesn't involve fraternising with fellow queers.

But what?

The most obvious thing is to go off to see a film even though I prefer watching films with someone else rather than on my own. 'Kinky boots', the film that put Northampton on the map, so to speak, has been showing since soon after I arrived here. Dealing with a drag artist, kinky boots and Northampton, it would seem to be the perfect choice. But while it has been given mixed but generally favourable reviews and I'm sure that I'll like it, going to see something described by Michelle as ‘nice enough, but a typical, small, paint-by-numbers British film’, I’m more tempted to see 'The Constant Gardener', a much more complex-sounding film by Fernando Meirelles, the director of ‘City of God’.

Decisions, decisions!

4 Comments:

Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Just the name alone would make me go... =) Surprised? Didn't think so...

4:08 am  
Blogger GAMBIT said...

The back row of the cinema is never the same when you are on your own ! How about an evening class to pass the time. Your gifted hands could have a bash at pottery ?

8:23 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

I didn't get to see either last night. Both films were showing after 9 so I lay down for a while watching TV before I went out. I fell asleep! So, maybe the decision will be made tonight.

Livewire: Not surprised at all!

Gambit: I have no doubt that I would make a very gifted potter but my hippy, earth-father days are long over! Unless potting makes you high?

Whil

10:28 am  
Blogger GAMBIT said...

Not sure that we are on about the same type of pot. I tried both types of potting whilst at collage and found that they do have many similarities. You have to be skilled with your hands in both to have a finished product that is worht anything.

11:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home