Monday, November 07, 2005

Five fresh veg and fruit is good for you

It seems that a healthy diet does make a noticeable difference.

On my return to Nottingham after almost 2 months of lodging with the sister- and brother-in-law, L and D, several people remarked on how good I looked. I knew that I’d lost some weight but they were referring to a ‘healthy look’ rather than a slight reduction in weight.

While there, I ate healthy, balanced meals, drank next to nothing and smoked a lot less than before. I know that I sometimes It seems that a healthy diet does make a noticeable difference.

On my return to Nottingham after almost 2 months of lodging with the sister- and brother-in-law, L and D, several people remarked on how good I looked. I knew that I’d lost some weight but they were referring to a ‘healthy look’ rather than a slight reduction in weight.

While there, I ate healthy, balanced meals, drank next to nothing and smoked a lot less than before. I know that I sometimes complained about sticking to boring Weight Watchers recipes that excluded almost all traces of fat but I wasn’t thinking of the benefits to be had from such meals. All of them would probably have been tastier with more oil but all of them were tasty and some were delicious. I’d probably have benefited from such a diet (proper quantities of freshly prepared vegetables, freshly prepared meat/chicken/fish) even if the fat levels weren’t acceptable to WeightWatchers.

Since returning to the Midlands, my diet has reverted to levels similar to those before I left Nottingham although I have drunk and smoked less. I really need to make an effort to eat properly so that I can maintain that ‘healthy look’.

Last night I spoke to L for the first time since moving back to the Midlands and forgot to tell her that my stay there had been good for me – I’ll have to remind myself to do so next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger GAMBIT said...

Looking healthier is far better than just looking thinner. Looking healthier also gives you a better frame of mind and a more positive outlook on life. You will find your thinking clearer and a greater tollereance to lifes little problems. Being thinner may just make you more self concious if you do ever pile the pounds back on. Good for you in the (enforced) lifestyle change and try to keep it up. Keeping it up (!) may also be easier now that you are healthier as poor diet has been linked to impotence.

2:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home