Friday, October 28, 2005

Sometimes I do answer unrecognised numbers

My mobile rang about 8 last night - a strange foreign number showed up and I answered it even though I didn’t recognise the number. It was K ringing from Switzerland. He sounded sober and was perfectly coherent. I couldn’t think of any reason for him to ring me so expected him to be seeking a favour. It seems that he hasn’t gone to Milan and won’t be going to Russia as originally planned. We spoke for about 10 minutes but no request for a favour was forthcoming. Towards the end of the conversation he said that he was going to have a huge party there in mid-December and that I had to come. ‘It’s going to be a blast!’ I’m sure it will be but I won’t be there.

I tried to get him to talk about more personal stuff - he deflected that as usual but now that I have his email address I’ll attempt to find out more via that route. It didn't seem likely that he would be returning to Northampton so even if he were to be more forthcoming in person, the likelihood of me seeing him again seemed remote.

There was an email from him this morning, talking about parties, dole queues and more mention of the foreign female names he's always going on about. At the end he says, 'I've got to collect a jacket from Moss Bros in Northampton and could have a session in the King Billy.'

Ok, so perhaps I will be seeing him again. Who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home