Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ending the silence

For those of you who have wondered about my well-being, I'm pleased to announce that I'm still alive. Life got a bit hectic since my first week at the new job both on the work and social sides. There's been lots to blog about but I've not had the time at work and no internet access after hours. Each weekend, I've escaped Northampton for Nottingham where I still had my flat until this week.

Rather than give Northampton the benefit of my doubts about wanting to live here, I've decided to return to Nottingham. I've managed to extend my lease on the flat so I'm going to become yet another long-distance commuter. Eventually, I'll get a car to do a daily commute but, for the time being, I'll come down to Northampton on a Monday morning and leave Friday evening. During the week, I'll stay at the same dodgy hotel that I've stayed in for the past 3 weeks unless I can find a better cheap alternative.

When I get the time and if I'm still in the mood, I'm going to have to blog about:
  • The 'implosion' of K, he of the dissipated demeanour
  • Further despair about the Northampton gay scene
  • Returning to Nottingham in a bang - actually, that would be several bangs
  • Being contacted by the police about a missing person
  • Attempts at avoiding stalkers

If anyone has any particular preference as regards which story I should blog about first, please let me know.

4 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

You can't come back...it'll kill us! You have a supernatural constitution, I have a headache.

5:28 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

You wanted me to come back so I have listened to you. So, shut up and take a pill!

12:06 pm  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

I'm glad you're back! I was going to vote for stalkers but that's only because it might be pertaining to me. Not me being one, I mean, but more ...pfft. Welcome back! =)

3:05 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Well, since you are the only one to submit a request, I shall have to oblige. Now, I just need to find the time.

And then, maybe, we can compare stalker notes...

12:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home