Friday, September 30, 2005

N triumphs at last!

I start work in Northampton on Tuesday.

All those South African 'connections' to do with yesterday's interview came to nothing. The one guy liked me a lot but the one who had the deciding vote felt I wasn't the 'right fit' even though he liked everything about my skills and experience.

Basically, they don't want me.

It remains to be seen if anything will come of the interview for the Jo'burg job - no feedback yet but I ought to hear something on Monday.

Not to worry, at least I have a job now.

3 Comments:

Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Congratulations on having things sorted...I would love to be a fly on the wall during those "not a good fit" decisions. I often think "not a good fit" boils down to "but I promised we'd hire my brother's friend's cousin's babysitter's mom".

7:46 pm  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

You know, I agree with Portuguesa Nova on that one. That's how it always goes. You are perfect, yet... On the bright side... you have the ball rolling - congrats on the job!

5:42 am  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Thanks, both of you, for being supportive and proving to me that they are bastards not wanting to employ me! :-)

11:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home