Thursday, September 01, 2005

Layout, layout, layout!

First you have to work out a name for yourself, then you have to decide on how to dress up.

Choosing a template isn't that simple when given 20 or so templates to choose from. Discarding some of them is a complete no-brainer but there are enough stylish ones to inject a good dose of anxiety into the whole affair. It's even more difficult if some of the templates are virtually identical apart from one or two factors such as background colour, font size, etc.

At least you can change styles further down the road without too much difficulty - it's not so easy to do that with your name.

One thing I really do have to get under control is my urge to add pretty little buttons down the side. Those buttons that send you off somewhere else and give you interesting vital statistics about your blog. At the moment, I have two that tell me which other sites link to me. Both give different answers at the moment but why have two? Is it the computer geek in me or the 'boy with a new toy' syndrome? And when do you stop looking to see how many hits you are getting and, even more interesting, where they come from and how they plot on a map of the world?

Anyway, enough of that - all this unnecessary carrying on about names and styles hardly says anything interesting about the world or me. In fact, it's all a bit twee. Urgh!!

5 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

There's no stopping you now is there. Analogous of your life really, nothing happens for ages then three come along all at once!

xxx

2:04 pm  
Blogger JP said...

There's no stopping you now is there. Analogous of your life really, nothing happens for ages then three come along all at once!

xxx

2:04 pm  
Blogger mike said...

There's no stopping you now is there. Analogous of your life really, nothing happens for ages then three come along all at once!

xxx

2:14 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Is this a deliberate attempt to make me see more than double? I know that I've not had a single drop of alcohol coursing through my veins since Thursday last week - are you trying to make me doubt myself?

2:23 pm  
Anonymous Rolland Pray said...

Stop blogging right now!

7:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home