Saturday, September 03, 2005

Friday night 2.30am

This is the second Friday night in a row where I'm surrounded by the silence of deepest Surrey. Even the Gatwick planes are silent at this time of night.

I'm awake because I'm a night-owl but sitting here, alternating between my book and surfing the net, makes me feel like one of those sad people who needs a life. Until two weeks ago, my Friday night would have been spent in the bars and, probably, at the club. I'd probably have gone home with some unsuitable man, likeable enough, good enough in bed, but someone I'd probably have been happy to have got rid of by not much later than midday on Saturday.

Was that sort of life any less sad?

Maybe not less sad, but a whole lot more enjoyable! I need a job - SOON!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home